Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Blogs & Bloggers I love to bits...Sunshine award!

Gratitude is totally consuming my every thought today, I'm deliriously giddy from the happiness I feel and I'm just bursting to share... (no I am not drinking or smoking anything I shouldn't! But warning, a wordy post coming...yes I like to talk, pretend we are having an iced-tea out on my patio, enjoying the cherry blossom!)


Its an amazing feeling, gratitude from the depth of your soul! I'm sure it's a combination of things...the glimpses of sunshine I am seeing out my window, the beautiful spring time blooms that are determined to keep blooming, the purples in my yard are just divine...lilacs, tulips, wisteria, phlox, heathers, azaleas, pansies, winter violets, lavender...ohhh it's a happy purple yard! Honestly I had no idea I was so drawn to purple blooms...addiction! This year they are coming out in force, serious addiction...oops, sidetracked. I'll save that for a later post!

But I have to say my giddiest delight and gratitude comes from my blog... The friendships found, the experiences shared, the talents realized and the mistakes to giggle at. It is such a rewarding and personal journey, where our lives connect through the tiniest of seeds or the largest of trees. Really I am not sure what I am now, I used to say I was a gardener who likes to blog, but really I think I am more a blogger who likes to garden!! For many of us it's where we come to share our garden stories but for most of us its where we come to catch up with friends and share life's journey. Garden Bloggers and bloggers in general really are some of the most beautiful, kind-hearted people I know, not to mention down to earth and often hilarious.

So this leads me to showing my heartfelt gratitude to those who fill my blogging bucket with so much joy! (My 6yr old son taught me all about "bucket dippers" and "bucket fillers" this week, so this is for my "bucket fillers")

Starting with Susan@ As long as you have a garden who has graciously awarded me with the Sunshine Blog Award. Susan blogs about her adventures in her beautiful garden, great book reviews and garden tours too! Thanks for sharing your ray of sunshine Susan.


The Sunshine Blog Award is a prize awarded to “bloggers who positively and creatively inspire others in the blogosphere”. As an award winner, there are a few rules to follow:
  • Thank the person who gave this award and write a post about it.
  • Answer the questions below.
  • Pass on the award to 5 bloggers you like, link their blogs, and let them know you awarded them.
1. Favorite color - I love them all, but I think teal is my fave today!
2. Favorite Animal - Do birds count here? I love chickadees!
3. Favorite Number - 28 not sure why though
4. Favorite non-alcoholic drink - Sparkling water or iced tea with lemon wedges
5. Face-book or Twitter - Facebook, still figuring twitter out
6. My passion - Photography, learning all I can at the moment...love it!
7. Getting or Giving Presents - Giving, especially when it's for no reason! 
8. Favorite Pattern - Anything Polka Dot...hehe!
9. Favorite Day of the Week - Lazy sunshine filled Sundays
10. Favorite Flower - Peonies and Tulips

So in the spirit of Blog Awards I am going to send the love and gratitude on and nominate the following for the Sunshine Blog Award, each of these blogs and bloggers bring me so much joy...Thank you!!

Grace @ Gardening with Grace...love her! And wow what a garden, to die for! Grace blogs from Albany and her posts are always such a joy to read, with beautiful photos and a wonderful writing style.
Jenni @ Rainy Day Gardener Not only is Jenni a fellow Pacific Northwest garden blogger documenting her veg and ornamental garden, (now spread out over two different properties, busy girl!) but a fellow mom and a lover of crafts. Her blog has become a fave read of mine and her comments were some of the few that helped me not give up on my blog in the early days...Thank you Jenni for your friendship and support!
Beth @ Plant Postings - Another fave read, Beth is a wonderful blogger who provides a gorgeous plant feast for the eyes, full of great info on plants, I've learnt so much through her posts...thanks Beth =)
Jen @ Muddy Boot Dreams - Where do I start? I guess if you love gardens, beautiful quotes and stunning photography this is one of my all time faves! Jen blogs from British Columbia and is a recent transplant who is excited to explore her new stomping grounds. Her photos are sublime!!
Cherry @ Cherry's in the Garden & More - As far as sunshine goes this blog is beaming with it!! One of the cheeriest bloggers around, Cherry blogs from down south in Savannah. She offers a great mix of garden, house and life posts, her DIY home projects are so inspiring...Y'all head over there now =)


Also a shout out to Becky @ Fourth Generation Farm Wife for nominating me for a versatile blogger award, thank you!! thank you!!
Here is my link to my January Versatile Award post My first blogger award...beyond thrilled!

28 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the Sunshine award! So true about the abundant blessings that come from being a part of this blogging community. They are an unexpected bonus of writing my blog and are what keep me posting. Great friendships are formed here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Julia. You are so kind! And your description of the garden blogger community is spot on! Sometimes I think if we were all in the same place at the same time, it would be a riot (in a good way). Thanks for the award--I am truly honored!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Miss Julia I'm in shock I came to see your Cherry blossoms and was completely taken by surprise to see what you had written. You are so right there is nothing like the awesomeness of Gardeners and garden bloggers..Thank you from the bottom of my heart for the sweet, sweet words.. and a big, big congrats on your receiving the Sunshine award.. hugs, Cherry

    ReplyDelete
  4. I share your sentiments exactly! Congratulations on your award!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations!
    You deserve it :)

    Loved reading about some of your favorite things, and getting to know you a bit better.

    I'm off to check out the other blogs that you mentioned.
    Love all things gardening...so I'm looking forward to some great reading :)

    Blessings~~
    Kerin

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Julia....I have been saving your post to read....and then I see that you are giddy with happiness over blogging, must be catching, I was feeling the same way. It must be all the spring flowers and the blogging community that makes us so happy.

    Congrats on the award, you deserve it, your blog is a ray of sunshine on a gloomy day. And thanks for mentioning me...I appreciate it.

    Jen @ Muddy Boot Dreams

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice post, especially your pictures. Can't get enough of them. Really love that cherry blossom. Piece of heaven in this world.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and reading my latest post! I love sharing my gardening adventures and reading your wonderful comments. Happy digging...Cheers Julia!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...