Friday, July 8, 2011

Its the little moments....Stop & Enjoy!

"Mommy Mommy you will never guess what is in our backyard!" screams of delight came pouring in from my very excited little garden helper as he raced to the backdoor.
We had been out in the yard pottering most of the day, commenting on how our sweet bird friends were not coming by as often. (He is a bird Lover just like his mom and was missing the twittering's too!) Honestly I had been to busy to notice. But suggested that maybe it was due to lack of seed? Which was very quickly replenished by my little bird lover.

Look Mommy LOOK!! One of your sweet birds have come by for a visit.......


What a sweet little gesture that brought a huge smile to my face and a giggle to my soul. His comment "I really wanted you to see a bird today mommy I know you love them." awww, I could just eat him up!! I love my little garden helper and sharing my love of the outdoors with him has been so rewarding for all!

This year our yard is finally being used for enjoyment, whether playing with the kids or simple solitary moment of picking lavender or gazing at the perfectly blue sky. Many the night has been shared with hubby and bottle of wine or during the day with friends and freshly brewed iced-tea....ahhhh my little moments in the yard I love you all.

Thanks little garden helper for showing this crazy busy mom to stop and slowdown and appreciate all that is around, this sweet moment with my little guy and his bird is one I will treasure always! Summer is a beautiful time that in Seattle we only enjoy a few weeks a year, I need to stop and enjoy! This year I have made a choice to be present and soak in all the simple things.

What's something you love to stop & enjoy, soak-up for a small beautiful moment?

21 comments:

  1. That's very sweet! Your garden sounds like a lovely place to hang out, whether it's for wine, ice tea or birdseed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How absolutely adorable! What a sweet thing your garden helper did for you. Kids do and say the funniest things.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, he wins the prize. That is just about the sweetest, most adorable, and most THOUGHTFUL gift a person could ever get. What great little person you have there, and think of how it must have delighted him to set the whole thing up!

    I also love to watch the birds in our yard - I can see one of the feeders from my bed, which is lovely. I am particularly fond of the male and female cardinal and drop everything to watch when they come around.

    We enjoy watching the "backyard" kitties (the feral cats that I've had spayed/neutered and who we feed and shelter.) Seeing them lounge, playing with each other, rolling in catnip, scratching their backs on the sidewalk...their lives are really hard outside so it's delightful to catch them when they are really enjoying a happy moment.

    I also just sit and stare at my garden too! All of it! It just brings me peace and loads of joy. :) Here's hoping your "tropical" bird is joined by some real ones soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Parrot, puffin? No, it's a Little Darling!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful post! "Our yard is finally being used for enjoyment" says it all - we often forget what we are gardening (and doing all this hard work) for!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh how lovely! This brought a HUGE grin to my face. Enjoy your garden & your little helper!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this. I just was out picking some strawberries all which had holes in them. They were delicious but I actually didn't even think about how good they were because of a few blemishes. Thanks for the reminder to enjoy the simple/good things in life!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a sweet heart!

    The mornings and evenings are the best time in my garden at present...too hot otherwise. The garden will be enjoyed by many tomorrow night - my sweet hubby turns 50! Having a party out in the garden!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That could not be more precious! What a thoughtful little garden helper, my goodness! I was just enjoying the simple things tonight in my garden, a soft breeze that brought the sweet scents of my roses and lavender swirling around me. sweet simplicity!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm really looking forward to drawing birds with Happy Helper.
    That was a stuffed bird wasn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  11. How sweet! Isn't it wonderful when your children develop that same love of nature at an early age... and his thoughtfulness, he learned by example! Good job, Mom!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is adorable!! So sweet. My hubby & I were just talking about the need for young children to understand & observe that the world has different types of birds, trees, etc. Great job to you for helping yours learn early!

    Trying to enjoy the moments too... to just. slow. down. To let the girls "help me" plant, water, dig in the wrong places. Enjoying it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. How very sweet. You made my day. Those kinds of lessons are so appreciated. Thanks for sharing the story and the photos!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You are so right to treasure the hours with your children Julia. Whoever said "babies don't keep" was quite right. Fortunately they can become some of your absolutely favorite adults, but childhood times together in the garden will contribute hugely to making that happen!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a sweet moment! I am also often reminded to enjoy all the treasures in the garden, from the tomato harvest to the small, buzzing hummingbirds to the wind through the trees. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your son has given you a sweet memory to treasure! You are so right about the garden being a place to enjoy the moments. Our lives, and the lives of our loved ones, pass so quickly, and we must pause to appreciate the gifts that come with each day, or else we miss the most important things.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I think I need to get one of those birds for my yard! And besides, it stays put when you walk by! (what a sweetie your son is--keep that bird out there until it gets cold..great memories)

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a great story!

    I remember years ago I was babysitting my nephew and trying to get my lawn mowed. He was playing by himself on the patio, until he came over and told me "Auntie Loree it's okay, you can stop working and play with me" wow. I heard that, and I did.

    ReplyDelete
  19. How cute and what a great picture you'll treasure for a long time. You described the scene beautifully.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and reading my latest post! I love sharing my gardening adventures and reading your wonderful comments. Happy digging...Cheers Julia!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...