Monday, April 18, 2011

Seattle Fling....are you going?

So who's coming to Seattle in July for the latest Garden Blogging Fling?

I am seriously considering attending, but am so new to the world of garden blogging let alone a "Fling" I thought I would post here to get some opinions and feed back as to what I can expect. It sounds fun, but is it something for a novice like myself? Have you been to a previous Fling or are you thinking of going to this one? I would love to hear your suggestions, thoughts or reviews...thanks!!!

For those of you who have not heard of this event, its 4 days of planned private and public garden touring, while meeting other garden bloggers, strolling local farmers markets, dinning on plot-to-plate yummies, checking out community gardens and other wonderful things Seattle gardening has to offer.
Check out more here......
http://seattlegardenbloggers2011.wordpress.com/2011/01/09/summer-fling-in-seattle/

Maybe I'll see you there!

6 comments:

  1. I too am new, although I live near Buffalo, the site of the last Fling. I attended some of the summer events and met a few bloggers last year, yet I was not blogging yet. It was very fun and the people so nice. In fact, so much fun that I started blogging because of the event. I would love to go and tried to get some Easterners interested. So I guess I will see what happens. But I know you will have a great time and feel very welcomed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A little too far for me to attend, but if I lived there - oh, yes, I would go! Sounds like a lot of fun! I mean, what's not to like about a 'fling'? Even the name sounds fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I attended Buffa10 as a novice and I had a glorious time. It was close enough to drive. If Seattle Fling is close to you I would go. You will meet interesting people, see amazing gardens, eat great food and come home exhausted . In my case it was just in time to harvest the green beans. Go for it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope to go, although not sure I will go to the whole thing. I may sign up if there is space when it's a daily option. I'm sure it will be a lot of fun, I've seen posts from previous ones and everyone always has good things to say about it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think it would be lots of fun, and am seriously considering reshuffling and reorganizing my life to I can go ;) Just need to be sure I have a garden helper/zoo keeper/intern-type to take care of things here while I'm gone! I wouldn't let your duration of blogging influence whether or not to go though. I'd say go. So far, every garden blogger I've had the good fortune to meet in person has been wonderful, and I expect this event will be no less so!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You should definitely try to go, especially since it's in your city. I had only been blogging for a couple of months when I went to Buffa10 last year. I had a blast.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and reading my latest post! I love sharing my gardening adventures and reading your wonderful comments. Happy digging...Cheers Julia!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...