Sunday, February 27, 2011

garden shows & mischeivious paths....

I couldn't believe today was the big day...Finally! After months of counting down and dreaming about my own garden, it was now time for the first glimpse of Spring. This show is always the first sign that garden season is fast approaching for the year...woo hoo! I could not wait to see what was install for us!
It truly is my happy place! Ahhh, makes me giddy just thinking about all the joy it brings.
So my garden buddies and I bundled up and headed into town for a day of pure bliss and meeting new plants...It did not disappoint! The displays were breathtaking and beyond inspiring. There was such a variety of plants and so many different ways to group them. So much creativity and talent. Not to mention so much garden love going on. My favorite garden was totally drool worthy and it was all I could do to not snap a thousand photos. These pics really don't do it justice...

What a gorgeous fresh and whimsical country garden! So much happiness in such a small plot. I could have just sat there for hours and soaked it all in, but thankfully I have pics so I can try and implement some of this happiness into my own yard...Loved it!

I was also there to get ideas for hard-scapes as I am dying to put in a path down the east side of the property (ie, side that gets absolutely no sun and is wonderful at growing moss!) Its screaming for a flagstone path like this....
I am in love with the large flagstone surrounded by moss and mulch, it is just so earthy and natural, the curves of the path adds a whimsy and playfulness to where the path is going. The moss provides a softness to the hard edge of the stone and adds again another playful element, a plant you walk on...Oh how mischievous!
 Here is some more visual yumminess....
Some of my new loves from the show are the beautiful little ground covers, the grouping of all white flowers and the amazing array of succulents. In particular the living wall below by Ravena Gardens, beautiful display! Another fave is the use of moss. The varieties, the colors, the many different ways of grouping it with plants and hard-scape. I am sold and will be using more moss "on purpose" in my garden planning this year.
Looking forward to getting out in my garden now...Snow its time for you to melt and let Spring arrive!!

8 comments:

  1. There is always so many ideas at a garden show. Looks like you and your buds had a great time. Don't you just love those little paths at the show?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for all these great photos. I am in the midst of planning a major change in my garden. I love the country style, the wooden fence and the pathway. But I have to have a serious discussion with my dogs first.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bet you and your friends had a great time. Our garden show is in a couple of weeks. I can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much for the pics! I feel like I went along with you. Sounds like you had a blast and got lots of ideas. Love those walkways, too. I'm thinking of putting in a flagstone pathway (possibly). Something about them is just so enticing to me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahh...such beauty. Thanks for the memories.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful show~Nashville's is this weekend~On a much smaller scale I might add! gail

    ReplyDelete
  7. How delightful to see such joy. Gardening shows truly are idea factories and soul soothers.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is really interesting, You are a very skilled blogger.
    I have joined your rss feed and look forward to seeking more of your great post.
    Also, I've shared your site in my social networks!

    Feel free to surf to my webpage ... engagement gift ideas

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and reading my latest post! I love sharing my gardening adventures and reading your wonderful comments. Happy digging...Cheers Julia!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...